Find a Job Working on Campus

The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on-campus employment. Our mission is to implement on-campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity.

Important Dates:

  • Fall 2023 early clearance: August 5-15
    • Early clearance deadline: August 4at 5pm
  • First workday of Fall 2023: August 16
    • Fall hire deadline: November 24at 5pm
  • Last workday of Fall 2023: December 19
  • Fall/ Spring Intersession: December 20- January 5*
    • Intersession deadline: December 22 at 5pm, no exceptions
    • *Intersession excludes December 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and January 1 unless additional approval to work during winter break isrequested. Supervisor must be working these days too.
  • Spring 2024early clearance: January 6-14
    • Early clearance deadline: January5at 5pm
  • First workday of Spring 2024: January 16
    • Spring hire deadline: April 26 at 5pm
  • Last workday of Spring 2024: May 22
Finding a Student Job at 92lottery

Enrollment Requirement:

  • Credit students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit units each semester (3 credit units for summer).
  • Non-Credit students must be enrolled in 12 credit hours each semester (6 hours for summer).
  • If you are an international F1 student, you must be enrolled in at least 12 credit units each semester. (3 credit units for summer).

How to Begin

92lottery of San Francisco students seeking on-campus employment must begin the

Quick overview:

Eligibility Requirements

  • Enrollment requirement
  • Covid vaccination/ exemption documentation


  • TB information release agreement
  • Document your understanding of the 92lottery Sexual Harassment Policy
  • Document your employment history with City and County of San Francisco or with 92lottery

Job Listings

  • On-campus jobs are listed at
  • Visit the Financial Aid Officewebsiteto learn how to apply for financial aid and become eligible for FWS jobs.

Hiring Paperwork (after accepting job offer)

  • Employment eligibility verification (Form i9)
  • TB clearance from Student Health Services

Payroll(after accepting job offer)

  • Social Security Number for payroll purpose
  • Direct deposit
  • Tax form (W4 and DE4) information
  • Tax form mailing address

Useful Tips

  • Two-step TB clearanceand Social Security Cardscan delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan accordingly.
  • Please submit your consent to the TB information release agreement in SHEPbefore visiting the Student Health Services.
  • Students are no longer required to submit proof of vaccination to enroll in in-person classes. Employees, including student employees, must continue to submit proof of vaccination.
  • Know what Job Classification you fall under: Federal Work Study (FWS), Lab Aide (U), or Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS. Apply for Financial Aid at for FWSeligibility. Lab Aide (U) funded jobs are available to all 92lottery students. Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS funded jobs are available to students who meeteligibility requirements, see departments for details.
  • Find employment through or inquire in-person within the desired department beforerequesting Direct Deposit andForm I-9.
  • International F1 students, employment authorization letter from the Office of International Programs (Cloud Hall 212) will be requested by Student Employment after a job offer letter is received.
  • Student workers are paid $18.07/hr, starting July 1, 2023,and can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.

For Supervisors

On-Campus Supervisors

Please reference the Student Employment Handbook for Supervisors for step-by-step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries, please contact me directly via email or office phone.

  • Student-workers may not perform duties that may replace a Classified Employee.
  • The Student Employment Job Offer Form is intended for new hires in need of Form I-9 processing. The purpose of this form is to verify the offer of employment. Please provide him/ her a job offer letter upon offer of employment. Thank you for your cooperation to avoid delays in hiring.
  • Want to keep up with student employment bulletins and payroll deadlines? Ask to be added to our approver listserv, email

Off-Campus Employers

Please visit the Career Development Counseling Department.

Career Development Counseling



Q: What is the status of my student worker?
A: We are working in the order received for offer letters. We will cc: the supervisor listed on the job offer letter once we get to your student. Please do not send duplicate job offer letters. Thank you for your patience.

Q: Can I start training my student worker while we wait for their hiring documents to be completed?
A: No, please do not have your student worker begin any type of work/training until they have been cleared for hire from our office. You will receive an email confirmation from us stating your student has been cleared for hire. If you allow your student to work before they have been officially cleared for hire, and becomes ineligible to work, your department will be responsible to pay the student from your Department funds.

Q: Can I hire a student worker who already works in another department?
A: Yes, as long as the student does not work over 15 hours per week in both departments. The student worker and supervisors should work together to ensure the student does not go over the max of 30 hours per pay period.

Q: When do students get paid?
A: Student workers are paid using the bi-weekly

Q: We have an applicant who also works for SF City and County, therefore would answer “YES” to both questions under SHEP’s Employment History (Civil Service) section. Would that disqualify them from Student Employment?  
A: Unfortunately, answering "Yes" to any of the employment history questions would disqualify the student from SHEP. The reason being, student would be added to our retirement benefits by City and County to be paid by your department funds. 

Q: RE Budget/fund # issues: i.e. fund # shows as invalid account #
A: Please email with your full FOAPAL. We will contact Budget office on your behalf.

Q: How do I terminate a student worker?
A: Please see page 10 of the Student Employment Handbook for Supervisors for directions.