Find a Job Working on Campus
The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on-campus employment. Our mission is to implement on-campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity.
- Fall 2023 early clearance: August 5-15╠ř
- Early clearance deadline: August 4╠řat 5pm
- First workday of Fall 2023: August 16╠ř╠ř
- Fall hire deadline: November 24╠řat 5pm
- Last workday of Fall 2023: December 19
- Fall/ Spring Intersession: December 20- January 5*╠ř
- Intersession deadline: December 22 at 5pm, no exceptions
- *Intersession excludes December 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and January 1 unless additional approval to work during winter break is╠řrequested. Supervisor must be working these days too.
- Spring 2024╠řearly clearance: January 6-14
- Early clearance deadline: January╠ř5╠řat 5pm
- First workday of Spring 2024: January 16
- Spring hire deadline: April 26 at 5pm
- Last workday of Spring 2024: May 22
- Credit students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit units each semester (3 credit units for summer).
- Non-Credit students must be enrolled in 12 credit hours each semester (6 hours for summer).
- If you are an international F1 student, you must be enrolled in at least 12 credit units each semester. (3 credit units for summer).
How to Begin
92lottery of San Francisco students seeking on-campus employment must begin the
- Enrollment requirement
- Covid vaccination/ exemption documentation
- TB information release agreement
- Document your understanding of the 92lottery Sexual Harassment Policy
- Document your employment history with City and County of San Francisco or with 92lottery
- On-campus jobs are listed at╠ř
- Visit the Financial Aid Office╠řwebsite╠řto learn how to apply for financial aid and become eligible for FWS jobs.
Hiring Paperwork (after accepting job offer)
- Employment eligibility verification (Form i9)
- TB clearance from Student Health Services
Payroll╠ř(after accepting job offer)
- Social Security Number for payroll purpose
- Direct deposit
- Tax form (W4 and DE4) information
- Tax form mailing address
- Two-step TB clearance╠řand Social Security Cards╠řcan delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Please submit your consent to the TB information release agreement in SHEP╠řbefore visiting the Student Health Services.╠ř
- Students are no longer required to submit proof of vaccination to enroll in in-person classes. Employees, including student employees, must continue to submit proof of vaccination.
- Know what Job Classification you fall under: Federal Work Study (FWS), Lab Aide (U), or Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS. Apply for Financial Aid at ╠řfor FWS╠řeligibility. Lab Aide (U) funded jobs are available to all 92lottery students. Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS funded jobs are available to students who meet╠řeligibility requirements, see departments for details.
- Find employment through ╠řor inquire in-person within the desired department before╠řrequesting Direct Deposit and╠řForm I-9.
- International F1 students, employment authorization letter from the Office of International Programs (Cloud Hall 212) will be requested by Student Employment after a job offer letter is received.
- Student workers are paid $18.07/hr, starting July 1, 2023,╠řand can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Please reference the Student Employment Handbook for Supervisors for step-by-step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries, please contact me directly via email or office phone.
- Student-workers may not perform duties that may replace a Classified Employee.
- The Student Employment Job Offer Form is intended for new hires in need of Form I-9 processing. The purpose of this form is to verify the offer of employment. Please provide him/ her a job offer letter upon offer of employment. Thank you for your cooperation to avoid delays in hiring.
- Want to keep up with student employment bulletins and payroll deadlines? Ask to be added to our approver listserv, email firstname.lastname@example.org╠ř
Please visit the Career Development Counseling Department.